SEND & Inclusion
Our SENCo is Chantelle James and she can be contacted by emailing email@example.com
You may also find some useful information on the Local Offer website. The Local Offer team publishes information on this website about services available for children and young people (aged 0 to 25) with special educational needs and disabilities in Northamptonshire.
You can view the website here: Local Offer
What support do we have for you as a parent of a child with SEND?
The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school, so that similar strategies can be used.
- The Inclusion Lead is available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have.
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- Additional support plans will be reviewed with your involvement every term.
- A home-school contact book may be used to support communication with you when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- The Parent Partnership Service is available to give further impartial advice and support should you need it. Further information about this service can be accessed at: https://www.iassnorthants.co.uk/Pages/home.aspx
- Parent Workshops available through the Local Offer available here: Courses for parents and carers - Special educational needs and disability (SEND) support (northamptonshire.gov.uk)
- Northants Parent Forum Group (NPFG) is an independent parent-led group formed and run by volunteers to represent the views of all families of children and young people up to aged 25 with special education needs and/or disabilities in West and North Northamptonshire. For more information and to become a member this service can be accessed at: NPFG Northants Parent Forum Group
- A Parent's Guide to our inclusive SEND Approach